Equilibria - Forlorn Hope (Preview) Equilibria - Forlorn Hope (Preview)

Holy shit.

The sound design in this one is just incredible.

I actually don't have anything to say.

Impure Seduction (Preview) Impure Seduction (Preview)

Impure and seductive.

A bit of feedback on the piano - it sounds pretty robotic at the moment. All of the notes are timed exactly right, and the velocities are pretty constant after about 0:18. Try varying it more to make it sound more natural and human.

Other than that, this is great. Your Pryda snare at 0:42 is amazing.

Dylnmatrix responds:

The piano sounding robotic is actually completely intentional now, considering the seduction is coming from machines and the main character is about to get assimilated Borg style. It's pretty sounding, but obvious in hindsight.

Though this could just be me making an excuse for not being able to get the velocities to sound right at this point in time. It's also the same pattern repeated over again, so that could be it too.

With the epilogue I'll be writing eventually to close Zion, I'll definitely be more adamant. Timings will still be robotic and very quantized, but I'll be more a lot more strict on the velocities, since it's going to be 90% piano if I can help it.

Equilibria - Solitude Equilibria - Solitude

So many chills from this one.

Unfortunately I can't leave one of my usual overly long reviews because I don't really have any criticisms for this. I love it.

If I had a credit card, I would totally support you on Patreon, but unfortunately I'm still too young...

Dylnmatrix responds:

Thanks man! Patreon's super optional, so don't feel obligated to support us there. Considering how much you support us outside of Patreon, you're already helping a ton. But if you do end up becoming a patron in the future, we'd definitely appreciate it. So, lots of love from both of us now and in the future ;)

5hapeshift3r 5hapeshift3r

Your style is just great. I love how you blend a lot of trance-y stuff in perfectly to other genres so consistently.
Nothing to say about the melodic aspect of the production other than "great as always".
In terms of mixing and mastering... I feel like the drums could be *slightly* higher in the mix - they're a bit lost behind all of the melodic content, especially in the sections with lots of said content such as the one around 1:20. Also, the Soundcloud waveform appears to show a couple places where the peaks are significantly higher than the rest of the track - it might help to squash those a bit more, if they're actually there and Soundcloud didn't just mess that up. (Dammit Soundcloud, why do you have to mess with great things all the time?)
One other critique - I wish it had a more conclusive outro. You have this really nice intro with a cool synth, then you don't use that tone with the melody ever again. The outro you currently have is just a face from the drop - it would be interesting to see you return to the original motif after the track calms back down, maybe with some variation to it to give it a bit more finality.
Overall... well, great as always! Transitions are amazing - I especially like the glitchy one at 1:40. Keep it up!
(Also, sidenote... hope Decay has been going well! I haven't been following that closely as of late...)

Noisysundae responds:

Well, I'm more into melodic stuff than techno. That's why I did happy hardcore and not any other subgenres.

My ears told me the drums are fine, but I can barely see the peak of their hits on the waveform. Perhaps I should either boost the head of kick and snare or compress a bit more. (FL Transient Processor, here I come!)

I actually replaced the part at 1:07-1:18 with another rendered file in order to adjust the flanger on the saw. The Fruity Flanger doesn't have the input offset knob with it. That might be the cause of the peaks on Soundcloud, but I did squash them out when I was editing the file. I already hate Soundcloud's encoding algorithm. It's definitely not the place for audiophiles. Also, I did that outro idea, but it sounded too much like the ending of Bittersweet and Deathmatch so I scrapped it.

Many thanks for the constructive review, m8. No wonder why someone marked it as helpful before me!

Off-topic : I tried uploading 16-bit WAV, 32-bit WAV, 320 kbps MP3, 128 kbps MP3, and 450 kbps OGG. None of them sounds good on SC, especially on those high freqs. >:(

Euphoric Date of Lockyn Euphoric Date of Lockyn

Borderline hardstyle

(if you are a hardstyle producer and reading this, I am sorry, and I have nothing against your genre, it's great)

windluxmusic responds:

i like how you spent more words commenting on your comment than you did writing the comment xD

Album outro (Very Much WIP) Album outro (Very Much WIP)

That intro is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
The higher notes seem to have more volume - would be nice to be able to fix that but I'm not sure if you can do so without destroying the mix later.
Piano work is great. IMO you could certainly play with velocity on it some more, as all of the notes are pretty similar in intensity at the moment. (Also it's drowning out the bass, but I'm going to leave out mixing feedback from here on because I assume you haven't mixed it much yet haha.)
When the trancey stuff comes in around 1:20, it gets great. I'm getting the feeling that the rhythm could be a bit different to further pique the interest of listeners - perhaps moving the first kick every second measure to be on the last beat of the previous, or just add a bit more in general. It would play really well with the melody.
I feel like the breakdown in the middle would be a bit more effective if you faded the drums out with a lowpass, but that's just me.
The bass from the intro and breakdown needs a lowpass somewhere, I think - there are some overtones in the high mids.
The part starting at 3:02 swings really well and I love it.

There are a bunch more things that I would say if I didn't know that Karl was going to work his magic on it, haha. Right now it's a bit unclear which section is going to be what in the second half, but I guess we'll just find out after you put out the album.

Get your tickets for the hype train now, people.

ネオRENAISSANCE ネオRENAISSANCE

That intro is amazing.

So is everything else.

Great to see you back with another submission, it's been ages. And what a way to come back. This track as a whole is just beautiful - well mixed, and you use 3/4 time extremely well.

Sequenced VS TheBetterAudioPortal Sequenced VS TheBetterAudioPortal

When does your mixtape drop on soundcloud?

TheBetterAudioPortal responds:

I'm TheBetterAudioPortal not TheBetterSoundCloud.

better amen break better amen break

Beautiful beauty at its most beautifully beautiful level

complete destruction [md2016] complete destruction [md2016]

Lots of great sound design, feels like it could appear in a Madness animation for sure.

The drops are pretty insane, but the one problem I had is the basses and such are extremely loud compared to the rest of the mix. Though I certainly don't endorse the mainstream technique of sidechaining stuff to the extreme, I do feel like you could have used a bit more at times in order to bring the kick and snare farther forward in the mix, and turn the basses down a bit to allow for a bit more dynamic range.

Sequenced responds:

this is madness

who the fuck needs dynamic range lmao